Wednesday 16 December 2015

Photoshoot - Miss Geourgiou

I have taken a selection of pictures to use for my magazine advert and digipak. These will promote and advertise the artist to her audience so will need to portray her in a light that will be conventional to her and the genre as well as appealing to the audience. It is important to include a variety of pictures so there are a lot to choose from when editing.

The first few pictures I took where of my artist standing against a brick wall looking up to the side and looking down.I chose to take these pictures because the artist looking away from the camera which creates an effect that she is reflecting and reminiscing on her life. This is typical of the indie genre because indie artists tend to write their own music about personal subjects and so singing them would be a way to reflect. This will help the audience build a relationship with the artist because they will develop a level of trust and closeness through the artist sharing their personal experiences with them. I intend to use this image on my digipak front cover because I think a mid shot will work well here as the audience can see the artist at closer detail than they will in the advert whereby the image will be more of a long shot. However, because the artist is looking away she is not directly addressing the audience. This means that there is more to her that she is not revealing which will make her appear mysterious and the audience want to find out more about her.

ADD OTHER BRICK PICTURE

On the same day I also took this picture of my artist standing against the fence in her back garden with leaves wrapped around the wood. This is be a mid shot and so allows the audience to see the artists entire costume which allows the artists indie style to come across. This will also portray the artist as both down to earth and natural. Indie artists typically have a natural and stripped back style as they are not dressed up as much as artists in mainstream genres such as pop. Having a natural setting puts emphasise on this as well as the fact that the artist is down to earth and laid back.  This allows the audience to build a relationship with the artist as they believe that she is being herself and remaining modest despite her fame which makes her likeable, I am considering using this image on my magazine advert as it is simple and so will not be too busy paired with the writing on the advert.

ADD PICTURE

These picture were taken on the same day at the local fields. One is of the artist walking across a bridge and the other shows her sitting by a tree. I like these pictures because they continue the natural connotations. The natural background of the greenery further highlights how the artist is very natural and down to earth. I will use these pictures in my digipak as an inside image. They will appear very simplistic as there will be no writing over the images and so the audiences focus will be directed onto the image itself and its connotations.

ADD PICTURES

I found it very useful organising days in which I would take the photographs as it meant I could organise my thoughts and get as many of my ideas turned into pictures at once. Therefore I had the majority of my photographs relatively early on in editing and so was able to incorporate them into my magazine advert and digipak.

1 comment:

  1. This post demonstrates a basic understanding of why a photoshoot is essential to consider and carry out. This is because you have only included a basic analysis of how the image will assist you with creating your ancillary texts.

    Aim-
    1) Ensure all images are included
    2) Consider the codes and conventions of indie and focus on the conventions that you want to include and the effect that this will create
    3) Explain where the images will be seen in your ancillary texts

    ReplyDelete