Monday 16 November 2015

Risk Assessment - Miss Miller


I created a risk assessment table in order to outline any risks or hazards that could occur when filming my media product so I would be well-prepared for any problems or dangers that could occur when filming. I also did this so I could prevent any harm by identifying risks and then deciding how I would stop them from occurring. Creating this table meant that I could make sure my whole group was aware of the risks and can share responsibility in preventing them. Risks are important to consider before filming because if you do not then you are unprepared for potential hazards to take place and those who are participating in filming could be harmed.





I made sure I was strict in following the risk assessment  as I made sure I remembered how to prevent all the potential risks I identified, for example I remembered to bring a torch for the dark scenes and extra clothes for the actor when filming so she did not get too cold and could change into them in-between scenes. Following the risk assessment as well as possible meant my group and I could remain safe and free of harm whilst filming. The artist did get too cold when wearing summery clothes but having warm clothes to change into in between filming prevented her from ant serious harm such as becoming ill. Filming scenes in the dark proved to be a struggle as some shots had to be deleted as they were too unclear but no harm was done to any group members as we were careful not to trip and fall and brung torches when filming at later hours. We did not come across any other risks or problems when filming but we did bring an umbrella to every filming day in case it rained and broke the camera. Fortunately it never did rain when filming so we did not encounter this problem. Also we intended to film play fighting and piggyback scenes on the grass of a field but decided on the artist and male actor standing on the concrete path instead to prevent either of them slipping and falling. One risk we encountered that we had not thought about beforehand was smashing the alcohol bottle in the breakup scenes. The artist smashed an empty glass bottle but luckily nobody trod on any glass or was cut by it. I have learnt to understand the importance of risk assessments as I now know that some harm could have been done to any group members had we not thought about them beforehand. Also, there were some risks encountered that my group had not considered and therefore I have learnt that we are lucky that none of these risks causes any of us harm and that next time we should think about the risks more concisely. 













1 comment:

  1. You have provided a minimal recount of your risk assessment, explaining the purpose of it briefly, and providing the example of the detailed table that you completed in preparation for filming. However, you have not really explained the benefits of the schedule or how you followed/did not follow it.

    You need to:
    1) Explain in more detail what was/wasn't followed and how the risk assessment helped you consider different issues that you may not have thought about before (refer to examples)
    2) Explain the purpose of the different columns within the risk assessment and how it helped you structure your plans
    3) Elaborate on the importance and benefit of creating this table and how it helped with filming
    4) You need to elaborate in much more detail what you might have had to adapt in your risk assessment when filming and why

    ReplyDelete